A popular area for hunting in Colorado, Redvale is an unincorporated community in Montrose County that sits along Highway 145, 42 miles west of Telluride.
Located at the base of the Uncompahgre National Forest, outdoor recreational opportunities are endless from Redvale. Activities include biking, hiking, camping, fishing, boating, and in winter snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
The Redlands Townsite Company was incorporated on August 31, 1907. The Post Office prohibited the use of the name Redlands as it was already used in 1909. The name was changed to Redvale. The official plat was recorded in 1912 dedicating one block to a park. The park and building have seen many dinners, town meetings and dances and are maintained by the residents of Redvale and the surrounding area. In early years there was a hotel, general store, church and Post Office. Redvale was a frequent stopping place for travelers, ranchers, and freight wagons hauling copper and uranium ore from Paradox Valley to the railhead in Placerville.
(Source: Nucla-Naturita Chamber of Commerce)